Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Les Mois - Avril

 



Though each volume of this series is of like kind, it's always an adventure to discover which gremlin[s] will trip me up this time. The printer ran out of ink just short of finishing the printing on Saturday 5:00pm [an hour after Murphy's closed for the weekend ; ] throwing me two days behind. Then the print registry was off on a few prints, requiring me to trim a little more off the prints than normal to make the prints all match. There was also a registry problem when making up some of the drum leafs. Next month I will have made a jig and try to drum the leafs first, then glue up the spine, and thoroughly dry before tipping in the end papers. Upon completion of all 12 volumes I may have learned to make a decent drop spine - drum leaf book…maybe ; ]